Ericson Dental along with Dr. Steven Greenman are now offering a safe and proven therapy to the CPAP machine. As of February 1, 2006, the Academy of Sleep Medicine has designated “…sleep oral appliances as the number one treatment avenue for mild and moderate sleep apnea and snoring.”
Much like a retainer, these oral appliances provide solution to retain oxygen levels during sleep by maintaining an open air passage through the night. This breakthrough has many sleep apnea sufferers excited to see a non-surgical solution and provide a means to replace the CPAP. These dental appliances are ideal because they are small, comfortable and very effective.
If Untreated, Sleep Apnea (OSA) can contribute to the following risks:
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Attack
- Vascular Damage
- Gastro-esophageal reflux
- Brain Injury
Are you a Sleep Apnea candidate?
Many people are affected by sleep apnea today and most cases go unreported. One who suffers for sleep apnea may experience fatigue, anxiety from snoring, inconsistent and interrupted sleep, and loss of memory.Ericson Dental is teaming up with Dr. Steven Greenman to right this dangerous sleep disorder. Our practice now offers a solution for this very serious condition, with aim to change lives and offer a better quality of life.
It’s truly important to understand all of the medical risks associated with sleep apnea.
For those snorers out there, one in 7 experience significant obstruction while sleeping or also known as sleep apnea. Obstructive sleep apnea means you stop breathing during sleep. Patients even have been recorded of stopping breath more than 2 minutes! In some severe cases, patients stop their breathing over 100 times per hour! Oxygen levels fall to dangerously low levels and as a result dangerous levels of carbon dioxide fill the body. When your sleep is compromised like this, harmful changes take place in your blood vessels, organs and brain to compensate for loss of Oxygen.
The numbers are astounding of those who suffer from sleep apnea and the risks associated with it. Thankfully, there is some positive news, because there are way to combat this disorder. With treatment, one’s risk of disease returns to normal, stroke and heart attack risks decline, and other functions return to normal.
Patients under our care will receive a short questionnaire via e-mail or when they arrive for their initial appointment. Those of whom are at risk will receive counseling, encouragement, and steps to reverse the disorder. We will work closely with you to provide the most effective treatment available today.
- Birmingham High School, Van Nuys, CA – 1973
- University of California, San Diego, B.A. Biology – 1977
- UCLA School of Dentistry, D.D.S. – 1981
- USC School of Dentistry Residency for Cosmetic Dentistry – 1984
- Nobel Biocare Residency for Implant Surgery and Prosthetics – 1992
- Esthetic Professionals – Tarzana, CA Comprehensive Esthetic Residency – 2003/2004
- Esthetic Professionals-Implant Placement for Restorative Dentists – 2003
- Esthetic Professionals-Advanced Fixed Prosthodontics and Occlusion – 2004/2005
- Esthetic Professionals-Advanced Occlusion Residency – 2005/2006
- USC School of Dentistry Comprehensive Dental Implant Residency – 2005/2006
- USC School of Dentistry Clinical Intravenous Sedation – 2008